Performance Marketing & Growth Manager
Full - time
Who we are
The Equals Group is made up of 3 business lines - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers, move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products.
We aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
We have seen impressive growth over the last 10 years, we manage over £2bn in turnover annually, we are AIM listed and profitable. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service.
As we embark on our next phase of growth we are looking for an experienced Performance Marketing and Growth Manager. You will join a dedicated, talented and supportive brand, marketing and design team that put customers at the heart of everything they do. We are looking for an ambitious person to join our team who wants to combine delivering business impact and driving continuous improvement, whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills and capabilities. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role where you will have the responsibility of leading the customer acquisition strategy and tactics, optimising budgets with the autonomy to drive initiatives and have a positive impact on commercial growth and success.
- Define the customer acquisition strategy and drive campaigns from planning to execution, optimisation and beyond to meet key performance metrics.
- Manage, optimise and allocate the performance marketing budget effectively across digital channels to maximise customer growth and key performance KPIs. Analyse and recommend modifications to ad and affiliate spends helping drive delivery of acquisition targets (applications, conversion %, CPA, etc.).
- Implement Tags and Triggers for Google Tag Manager and manage Google Analytics accounts and views. Constantly optimize marketing activities and make the necessary adjustments to improve return on investment and marketing effectiveness.
- Seamlessly integrate the performance strategy into the overall marketing plan and share learnings and best practice guides with key stakeholders across the Equals Group, to ensure performance marketing is joint up with our owned channels and overall growth strategy.
- Create succinct and easy-to-understand reporting and analysis to optimise performance marketing and support the wider business and teams (Design, Product, Sales) to help them make informed decisions - including CLV analysis and channel attribution modelling.
- Run SEO audits and health checks (Screaming Frog, SemRush).
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across teams and various levels of the organization to define, set goals and guide. Run A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests on campaigns to identify points of inefficiency and come up with sound recommendations and creatively improve non-performing areas - a test-learn-optimise approach to all activities.
- Manage 1 team member and performance agency relationships - ensuring adherence to KPIs and maximising overall marketing ROI
Personal qualities and attributes
- Expert of all things performance marketing with significant hands on experience of implementing, managing and optimising performance marketing channels including SEO, PPC, ASO, Paid Display and Social and Affiliates.
- Experience in driving growth and defining customer acquisition strategies.
- Advanced analytic skills and a data-driven approach to problem-solving is a must.
- Results-driven, dynamic, forward thinking, innovative and agile. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment.
- Independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility, and driving continuous improvement.
- High levels of communication expertise and liaison with other teams across the business, e.g. sales team for products and design and product team for product development.
- Ability to build trust-based relationships inspire high confidence with internal stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for performance marketing.
- Working across multiple, varied projects at the same time.
- Problem solving, logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivator with excellent organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Role model for our values: Make things happen | Succeed together | Be the customer | Go beyond
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in London.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off.
- Tons of opportunities for progression and development.
- Great location next to the Thames (Cannon Street/Bank).
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool.
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- A flexible working environment
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.