Platform Developer (Node.js)
London, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
- Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 50 engineers.
- We are looking to hire a Platform Developer (Node.js) to help us bring a ground-breaking new product to market and support and develop our highly successful FairFX product.
- Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. We usually do a very simple coding task, but there are no trick questions.
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Passionate about writing efficient, clean, and well documented code
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Enjoys working closely with product owners & stakeholders
- Engaged and with technology and industry trends
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job you can Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Eager to try new things
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Build and maintain React progressive web applications
- Ensure code quality by writing automated tests, is well tested and written in a maintainable way
- Deploying code to production on a regular basis
- Work with product owners, engineers & other stakeholders to prioritise workstreams
- Monitoring the health of the services we build
- Driving the development, definition and implementation of our Native products
- Implement features and own the delivery up to the point of it being in our customers hands
- Own the maintenance of features to ensure that future bugs are fixed speedily
- Agile best practices.
- Software engineering practices like BDD, TDD, Pair Programming etc.
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group
25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.