Head of QA
London, UK /
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
We are looking to hire a Head of QA to embed QA best practices, run a team of highly talented and motivated QA engineers and help maintain quality as we rapidly scale.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing fintech company with an ambitious roadmap.
Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 60 engineers
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Enjoys working closely with product owners & stakeholders
- Motivated by delivery and bringing exceptional services to our customers
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to our QA team
- Directing QA strategy, methodology, disciplines and frameworks
- Working closely with our Engineering Heads and Product teams to develop and implement best practices in QA.
- Allocate and plan QA resources appropriately to deliver against our ambitious roadmap
- Line management of QA staff
- Testing web and app based products and APIs
- Working in an product based, delivery focussed, customer centric team
- Automation testing to deliver real business value
- Excellent communications, comfortable in being hands-on when needed and a team player
- Proven experience implementing and shaping QA strategies
- Strong manual and automation technical background ideally in a continuous improvement environment
- The ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality and pace of delivery.
- Strong data and reporting skills to support project and operational defect resolution
- Knowledge of tools such as Jira, Slack, Figma and Notion
We offer a high level of flexibility within this position's working location the role can be fully remote or hybrid to either of our London or Chester office.
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. Candidates will then get to talk to stakeholders from the wider business during a second round.
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
•A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually
•Health insurance through BUPA
•Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement and other areas of support
•25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
•We are members of the cycle to work scheme
•We offer Season Ticket Loans
•Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
•Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
•Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.