Consulting and Fidelity Manager (Remote)
San Diego, California /
Clinical Programs – Clinical Programs /
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the Role:
The Consultation and Fidelity Manager will oversee the implementation of consultation and fidelity rating processes to ensure Equip providers are implementing evidence-based treatment for eating disorders with high fidelity. This position will oversee the current Family-Based Treatment (FBT) fidelity rating process and build out the Enhanced Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT-E) fidelity rating process to ensure clinical therapists are appropriately providing FBT and CBT-E. They will develop and oversee the daily operations of the consultation process for the adult expansion and CBT-E training protocol. They will develop a consultation template to be used by clinical directors to support evidence-based practice (EBP) model fidelity by all clinical team members (therapists, peer mentors, family mentors, dietitians, and medical providers). They will also develop and implement fidelity ratings for the non-therapy provider verticals in collaboration with clinical directors. They will work with the Provider Training Manager and clinical instructors to develop and iterate on the form of FBT and CBT-E consultation calls to match content taught in the FBT and CBT-E training modules. Responsibilities will include designing and managing creation of internal trainings and supportive materials to support the fidelity raters with reviewing work samples. They will develop a formal training protocol for the expansion of the FBT and CBT-E fidelity rating program. This position will support the clinical instructors as needed by executing live trainings for new, onboarding providers as well as providing ongoing live training to our provider teams.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is motivated by the ultimate goal of training providers to deliver high quality evidence-based treatments for eating disorders so that everyone can achieve lasting recovery.
- Work with the Director of Clinical Training to prioritize consultative and fidelity initiatives for current and future clinical programming in FBT and CBT-E
- Design and manage creation of internal benchmarks for weekly FBT and CBT-E consultative services
- Oversee the daily operation of FBT and CBT-E consultants and weekly consultation calls
- Develop and manage the creation of internal FBT and CBT-E fidelity rating scales
- Train and manage the weekly duties of FBT and CBT-E fidelity raters
- Provide ongoing support and training for clinical teams as needed
- Support the development of supervisory protocols in FBT and CBT-E for non-therapist providers (i.e. family mentors, peer mentors, and dietitians).
- Develop trainee feedback and evaluation processes to improve the effectiveness of Equip’s EBP consultation and fidelity rating programs.
- Create, maintain, and distribute reports as needed by leadership.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a clinical mental health field
- Licensed in a mental health/behavioral health discipline
- Experience in Family-Based Therapy, Enhanced Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and/or Dialectical Behavior
- Therapy Experience providing supervision online or in-person in FBT and CBT-E
- Experience conducting fidelity rating of FBT and CBT sessions
- Previous managerial experience
- Strong skills in communication and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams (multidisciplinary teams)
- Organized and results-driven
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, subject to rapid change and innovation
- Preferred: PhD or PsyD in Counseling or Clinical Psychology
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment through insurance
- Experience in conducting literature searches, consuming, and evaluating research
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.