Admissions Operations Coordinator
Sacramento, California /
Patient Acquisition – Admissions /
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
Reporting to the Admissions Operations Manager, the Admissions Operations Coordinator to assist with providing seamless, high-quality care to patients enrolled in the Equip eating disorder program. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, able to work closely and effectively with multiple members of the clinical care team, and build rapport with outside medical and clinical providers. This is a remote position with flexible hours from home.
- Manage the medical record inquiries needed by the Admissions Team
- Collect outside medical records and verifies the records meet pre-admission requirements
- Send faxes, emails, and place phone calls to outside providers and manage the medical record collection process in a timely manner
- Enter patient information and data into EMR and Admissions Database
- Work with the Admissions and Operations team to build relationships with outside providers
- Serve as a resource for an introduction to Equip programming
- Contact outside providers to inform them of patient care and Equip policies
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- 2+ years of experience with working with medical and clinical providers
- Highly organized, skilled administrator
- Strong communicator with a high level of confidentiality
- Skilled at navigating electronic medical records
- Ability and willingness to pivot to other potential tasks
- Enthusiastic, strong team player a must
- Experience with Docusign or in a sales role
- Bilingual in another languagePassion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment
Bonus if you have the following:
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.