Head of Creative (looking for creative director and not a project manager)
Dallas, Texas /
Marketing – Marketing /
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
We are seeking a Head of Creative to own Equip’s creative production efforts and oversee our “internal creative agency” of designers, videographers, photographers, and more. Equip is on a pivotal mission to provide eating disorder treatment to everyone who needs it and this role is essential in making sure we resonate with our key audiences of patients, families, and healthcare providers. In the Head of Creative role, this person will help master and evolve the Equip brand while ensuring that it is scalable across all marketing platforms (paid and organic) as well as all creative needs for audience partners cross-functionally external facing and other areas of the business. This person will creatively adapt all aspects of the Equip brand, create systems and processes to scale production, oversee all final assets, and ensure that creative production is helping achieve key business goals. This person will need at least five years of experience and responsibilities as a creative lead and should possess a bachelor’s degree in advertising, design, fine art and/or a related field. This position requires interaction across business areas to ensure the creative production strategy and execution aligns with company goals. Timely execution of all projects and a willingness to meet goals and turnaround work to meet 24-hour news cycle is a must. This person should have a love for art and story-telling that ultimately provides a sense of hope and healing for our audiences. Ideal candidates will be able to handle multiple project assignments, meet tight deadlines and see a project through from start to finish with minimal guidance. Creative agency or in-house experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
- Develop a robust creative production strategy to support needs across every relevant area of the business, including marketing-specific assets and cross-functional creative dependencies
- Manage internal and external team and freelancers of designers, videographers, photographers, social media experts, illustrators, and more to motivate them to use their talents effectively
- Develop new operational systems + processes to support always-on creative production at scale including ops structure, feedback system, project management, and approval process
- Supervise the team’s daily workflow, assigning projects and monitoring deadlines with prioritization based on business goals and needs
- Manage brand agency and collaborate to evolve the brand presence / creative assets as needed for various business needs or creative improvements
- Direct brainstorming and creative sessions, maintaining strategic thinking to develop innovative and impactful initiatives
- Oversee production of all Equip assets across marketing platforms (paid and organic) as well as other areas of the business
- Monitor performance of all creative to inform iteratons across unique platforms
- Run and facilitate brand training for Equip internal team
- Shape brand standards and creative procedures to ensure all products are brand-adherent
- Produce fresh work that translates complex ideas into compelling experiences
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in a creative role; startup experience preferred
- Proven working experience in creative production (in-house or at an agency)
- Exceptional creative and strategic skills; an inherent love for storytelling
- Professional, self-motivated individual who has a strong instinct for building and fostering relationships with healthcare professionals through trust & goodwill
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare professionals and organizations and strategic vision for how to nurture partnerships to drive patient acquisition
- Natural instinct and self-starter mentality
- A strong sense of ownership in your work and the company's health; high attention to detail and critically thought through solutions will yield the highest quality impact
- A bias for experimentation and questioning of the status quo
- A desire to work at a fast-growing health tech startup
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment
- Experience with healthcare provider marketing
Bonus if you have the following:
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.