Remote United States /
Admissions – Admissions /
Equip is a virtual program helping families recover from eating disorders at home with comprehensive, gold-standard care created by experts in the field and people in recovery. Equip’s five-person care teams include dietitians, physicians, therapists, and mentors who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing and lasting recovery.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic Admissions Assistant with outstanding communication and relationship skills, love of data and spreadsheets, and a positive, can-do attitude to join our growing team. This position will be focused on fielding admissions inquiries and will serve as the front door for families seeking care with Equip.
The right person will be passionate about evidence-based care, enjoy learning and growing as a team, be comfortable with the dynamic and collaborative nature of the company, and be a curious, creative, and optimistic individual.
- Field all inbound inquiries such as hand offs from the Patient Services Representatives or direct referrals from providers
- Collect and document all relevant data into a EMR software in a timely manner
- Coordinate interdepartmentally to meet the needs of the patients and families
- Utilize problem solving and sales skills to maintain urgency and drive to seek treatment
- Monitor medical records and collaborate with Medical Directors on admissions criteria
- Foster relationships with referring providers by being the “expert” in Equip Health
- Adhere to HIPAA compliance in managing the collection of personal health information, insurance information, financial details, and other sensitive informationEthically and empathetically relate to patients and families throughout the admissions process
- 1+ years experience working in mental health admissions or sales related industry
- Degree in psychology, business administration, or other health related field preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills, phone presence, and adept at building strong working relationships
- Key analytical abilities to collect, analyze, and use Admissions data to learn and improve
- Strong understanding of health care landscape
- Excellent organizational awareness, adaptability, and conflict management skills
- A passion for living our mission and values
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
Competitive salaries and bonuses, remote work, generous paid time-off, paid holidays, health benefits, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats are among the myriad benefits you'll experience while working at Equip.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.