Real Estate Originator
Denver, CO /
EquityMultiple is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial business development professional to identify and cultivate deal origination relationships with real estate lenders and sponsors. The goal is to help secure programmatic partnerships with lenders and repeat relationships with sponsors to invest or co-invest into their transactions. EquityMultiple typically invests between $1M and $5M per transaction across the capital stack (senior high yield loans and participations, mezzanine loans, preferred equity and joint venture equity) and across property types and markets.
EquityMultiple is headquartered in Manhattan, but this position is envisioned to expand the firm’s presence on the West Coast. The candidate’s location is flexible with the expectation of regular quarterly travel for in-person meetings on general corporate purposes, origination strategy and goal setting. Currently, due to the impacts of COVID-19 EquityMultiple is operating remotely. There has and will continue to be opportunities for in-person interaction and collaboration with colleagues via work summits and company culture events which you can attend wholly at your option and not obligation. There is a plan to return to in-person office operations in 2H2021. Until that time, extensive use of the Google Workspace suite of collaboration and video conferencing tools are employed to maximize support and coordination within and amongst teams with regular All-Hands meetings as well.
The ideal candidate will have existing industry relationships, but will also benefit from access to EquityMultiple’s 30,000+ lead database. Commission weighted compensation package commensurate with experience including the ability to earn equity options in a fast growing startup.
Please provide a cover letter with your application.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage existing and develop new relationships with lenders, owners, developers and investors
- Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis based on EquityMultiple underwriting standards
- Convert relationships into investment, co-investment and co-lending opportunities
- Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events (post-COVID)
- Coordinate with Directors/Associates/Analysts in the completion of detailed preliminary underwriting of investment presentations which includes compiling market information to support assumptions
- Assist with and contribute to the process of making investment decisions and recommendations
- Assist in negotiations with capital sources providing both debt and equity, where necessary
- Troubleshoot and help close transactions, where necessary
- Help establish, implement and grow origination and sourcing protocols, procedures and opportunities
- Provide support and assistance to the Growth and Marketing group
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years’ experience in capital markets
- Proven track record of closing loans and / or preferred / joint venture equity investments
- Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
- Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank, fund, CMBS or investment banking, consulting or legal environment preferred
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word and Argus)
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination / process oriented
EquityMultiple is a commercial real estate investment and technology firm that provides accredited investors access to professionally vetted, private real estate transactions across property types and risk profiles. EquityMultiple’s mission is to make real estate investing simple, accessible, and transparent. To date, EquityMultiple’s investors have participated in over $2.5 billion in commercial real estate transactions through its online investing platform. For more information, please visit https://www.equitymultiple.com/.
EquityMultiple is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.