Consultant | Design
Manhattan, New York City
EquityZen's marketplace is functional. It makes sense and cents. We improve the way startup employees are paid. We unlock the value of their equity compensation in a way that benefits all key players: the shareholder, the company, and the investor. We build industry-defining technology as the premier platform for private placements. Watch this short video here to learn more: https://equityzen.com/press/
Some of EquityZen's investors include Dave McClure's 500Startups, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, wealth managers, and influential investors from Finance, Venture, Law around the world. Some of the smartest minds in the industry (from University of Pennsylvania (Wharton, Engineering), Carnegie Mellon University, Georgetown University, and more) have helped us conduct transactions worth tens of millions of dollars.
We're looking for a business development intern. Meet our team (https://equityzen.com/team/). Past EquityZen interns have continued working even after the official internship.
What you'll gain
- Implement and provide design input to help build a seamless financial platform
- Work closely with the engineering and product teams to help improve our user experience
- Partner with business teams daily to incorporate (external) client feedback
- Work closely with our marketing team to create social media strategies
- Help us expand our brand and image in the FinTech Industry
- Direct involvement in day-to-day start-up activities
- Work with Marketing, Business, HR and Investor Relations on a daily basis
- Exposure working side-by-side with the founding team
- Endless ability to learn and grow your craft, create your own experience
- Ability to work directly on our product/service that will be seen by our clients
- Recruit and build out the corporate team as we grow
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and a chance to be fully integrated into the organization
- Open invitation to learn more about your peers at staff functions including outings, dinners, etc.
- Make a big impact driving the business forward starting your very first week
The right stuff
- Strong web design and web development skills
- Expertise in responsive design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Powerpoint
- Proficiency in CSS and HTML
- Experience working in a team-based environment with other developers and engineers
*Bonus points if you have
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- An interest in financial markets and investments
- Experience working in a team that develops across the stack
- Experience/Knowledge of the startup environment
Sector: Financial Technology (FinTech)
Minimum Experience: 1+ year(s)
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.