VP of Engineering
São Paulo, São Paulo
Escale – Engenharia
Escale is a rapidly growing customer acquisition company located in São Paulo, Brazil. Founded in 2013 by two American entrepreneurs in their apartment in Vila Madalena, Escale today boasts more than 500 employees. We use data and technology to deliver more intelligent and optimized buying experiences to consumers. We manage the end-to-end sales funnel for big brands in industries such as telecom, healthcare and education with a simple thesis: the best sales strategy is to deliver an amazing buying experience to end users. With recent investments from top VCs such as Kaszek Ventures, QED Investors, Invus Opportunities, Global Founders Capital and Redpoint e.Ventures, we are expanding our engineering and data teams to develop a world class customer acquisition platform.
We dream big and constantly focus on the customer, knowing that what we do today are the building blocks for the greater future. We have a highly diverse culture and intend to keep it that way, respecting everyone regardless of their age, sex, skin color, country of origin, sexual orientation or experience level. We put deep understanding of agile values, above specific processes and methodologies. We make decisions based on data and are highly results oriented. Our culture resembles a sport team more than a family, where trust and respect are earned by winning hard battles together.
You’re a master of your craft and a relentless problem solver. You think critically and question everything, seeking deep understanding of concepts and business problems. You are transparent and a tireless truth teller, sharing information in an efficient and constructive way to improve the environment around you. You’re an outlier, you do and achieve things that most people find hard or even impossible. You’re humble and a solid team contributor, knowing not to put your personal interests above the team’s and that every interaction is a learning opportunity.
- Take over hiring and growing the team to 60 engineers this year, without loosing the culture and quality of talent
- Manage the team through check-ins with Tech Leads, performance evaluations, etc
- Creating a scalable team structure to support growth from 25 to 40 to 60 engineers
- Drive tech innovation by continuing to improve our engineering practices and KPIs, helping the team with complex architectures and acting on our innovation projects
- Take over other technical areas, such as Infrastructure and Data
- Guarantee continuous collaboration with other areas, like Ops and Growth