Flight Software Engineer - Embedded Linux OS
Los Gatos, CA /
Flight Software /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a Flight Software Engineer specializing in Embedded Linux OS to work onsite in our Los Gatos, CA location.
The Flight Software is what enables the spacecraft to perform all operations necessary to facilitate the mission objectives and perform maintenance tasks for the spacecraft. You will design, implement, test, and support the real-time software that flies the spacecraft from the moment of rocket tip off to delivering payload. Come join the team of control systems experts and engineers to deliver the control algorithms and the brains of the spacecraft.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering 5-10 years’ experience
- Linux Experience
- Microservices expert
- Very strong knowledge of Linux, ARM processor architecture
- Very strong knowledge of Linux deployment of Debian, Yocto, or similar
- Knowledge of Linux kernel and device-driver development
- Knowledge of Software Defined Radio (SDR) is a plus
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is necessary
- Programming skills must include C++ and Python
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.