Satellite Structures & Mechanisms Manager
Los Gatos, CA /
Satellite Engineering /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
As a Satellite Structures and Mechanisms Manager you will be leading a team of designers to develop cutting edge satellite hardware. You will be responsible for driving the day-to-day detail design progress while syncing with system engineering and adjacent teams. You will call upon your own extensive design experience to lead new designs and make your mark. Design trades across COTS hardware, space qualified devices, and in-house builds should come easy to you as there will be plenty.
The ideal candidate for this role will have build structures either for LEO satellites or for multiple GEO satellites.
- You will have had a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Engineering Manager in Aerospace Structures / Mechanisms or Systems Engineering, with a mechanical background
- You must have had technical design experience and have Satellite or Aerospace Structures knowledge
- You will have a Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or related field
- You will have actively participated in the building or launch of spacecraft
- You will have deep knowledge of every satellite subsystem including structures, radiation impacts, solar panel and power systems and GN&C and be able to actively manage trades from each subsystem group.
- You will be able to prepare and manage the high-level technical specifications across multiple disciplines.
- You will be able to ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by mentoring your direct reports and younger engineers and directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required talent
- You will have extensive experience with satellite system and missions. Deep understanding of the principles of spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation.
Extra Bonus Points
- Candidates with Satellite or Aerospace Structures knowledge will be viewed favorably, as will those with Deployment Systems experience
- Candidates who have a strong background in the above areas who have acted in a Technical Lead role will also be considered
This role will be based in our Los Gatos, CA location and the successful candidate will be required to be in-person in that location the majority of the time. Product ownership is in our DNA, and you will be a critical piece of that culture. The successful candidate may be required to relocate on that basis.
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.