Director of Engineering Program Management
New York / New Jersey /
5G Engineering /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
As the leader of the Program Management engineering group you will own the end-to-end program management of the design and build of the Radio, Mobile Core, Transport and customer devices portions of custom 5G hardware ad software. As part of the 5G engineering leadership team you will also help set the companies technical direction as it relates to the successful development of our systems. This will involve tight coordination with your peers involved in the wireless radio, core, transport and devices portion of the 5G engineering technical design.
The Director of Program Management Engineering is the “go to” person to answer detailed radio and core hardware and software design and development questions to ensure the technology meets the products requirements and is completed on time and on budget. The individual will have strong technical, market, business development and people skills while being a “fast expert” in the many new fields which the project management engineering functions will touch.
This role is available in our Beverly, MA, Bethesda, MD, or Toulouse, France locations.
- The position will be responsible for program management for a variety of strategic initiatives, initially focusing on RF and Mobile Core programs.
- As part of the E-SPACE Technologies Program Management Office the Director of 5G Program Management will lead cross functional Engineering projects integrating teams that use waterfall, Agile, and Scaled Agile methodologies.
- Primary duties include planning, execution, monitoring and status reporting for assigned projects.
- The Director of 5G Program Management will communicate with stakeholders and customers, interact with executive sponsors and project teams to identify scope, requirements, and manage projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Lead E-SPACE Projects in compliance with established program management processes and procedures.
- Facilitate Requirements Documents to drive overall project needs.
- Coordinate with other teams across the organization to ensure operational readiness in line with the larger program.
- Work closely with other engineering Program Managers on Cross-Functional Projects.
- Lead cross functional program meetings and manage the coordination and project deliverables between internal project organizations as well as third party partners to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Manage executive project expectations including owning escalation, communication, and C-level interaction on critical strategic projects for the company.
- Actively engaged in continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Document all aspects of the project including requirements, risks, issues, schedules, and meeting agendas/notes while maintaining document repository structures per established standards.
- Communicate with internal and external customers and vendors and communicate and coordinate priorities, risks, dependencies and status.
- Support varying groups such as Project Managers, Architects, HW and SW Engineering, Product Owners, Product Managers in defining and orchestrating the necessary activities to ensure project work gets completed.
- Support vendor selection efforts, including creating Requests for Proposal (RFP), proposal reviews and scoring.
- Preparation of budgeting tracking systems to ensure on budget projects is required
- Project tracking experience of specific customer implementations will be required.
- Work with E-SPACE Legal and the Vendor’s Legal Teams on Contracts.
- You will work with the People Team to determine org charts, titles, performance reviews and bonus for your team.
- You will build a team where there will be: Project managers, Budget & finance analysts, Data base administrators
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering .
- 10+ years of demonstrated project management experience in Systems, Software and/or CPE Projects for telecom mobile infrastructure companies.
- A detailed systems knowledge of all the major components and functions (HW & SW) required to build an O-RAN gNodeB, 5G-Core, Optical transport, routers and customer devices is required.
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Office, and Google Drive/Apps.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally as a dynamic leader to effectively guide projects from concept to deployment and facilitate large cross-functional meetings guiding large project teams.
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation/creation of requirements for both waterfall and agile projects.
- Ability to operate in uncertainty and adapt quickly.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Systems, Software or CPE development projects and operational product launch experience.
- PMP Certification required.
- Experience managing Systems or Software Satellite Projects is desired
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.