Senior Director - Government Affairs, Defense and Appropriations
Remote (US Only) /
Government Affairs & Regulatory /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
E-Space is searching for an experienced government affairs professional that has extensive experience working with the United States Congress, the Department of Defense and Intelligence Communities. This person will be responsible for creating and implementing winning strategies with respect to our government services business objectives.
- Day-to-day representation as it pertains to Defense authorization and appropriations on Capitol Hill and with Executive agencies
- Support internal Government Services team with respect to business objectives with the Pentagon and Intelligence agencies
- Grow and maintain network of relationships with Congressional members and staff relating to strategic business opportunities in the defense sector
- Draft legislative language and testimony related to objectives
- Monitor legislation and hearings and report internally
- Monitor and analyze federal/defense budgets, legislative proposals, and appropriations
- Develop materials for key audiences in furtherance of E-Space Government Services goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience working on legislative matters in the private sector, a Congressional office, an Executive agency, and/or the Intelligence Community
- Active clearance preferred
- Direct experience with NDAA and appropriations and budget planning and development
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working on issues directly related to DOD and the Intelligence Community, or other agencies with space capabilities or responsibilities
- Knowledge of space/satellite services industry
- Knowledge of satellite systems and defense/Intelligence Community programs
- Knowledge of U.S. federal contracting and acquisition practice
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.