Ground Software Engineer
Los Gatos, CA /
Mission Operations /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a Ground Software Engineer to join our Mission Operations team, ensuring the successful launch and operations of our space-based systems. The Ground Software Engineer works with the Space Operations team to build reliable command and telemetry interfaces, automation, and backend software to support on-orbit satellite operations.
This position is located in our Beverly, MA, Bethesda, MD, or Toulouse, France locations.
- Build high-performing command interfaces for mission-critical operations.
- Build up telemetry analysis tools for quick spacecraft anomaly resolution and state of health assessment.
- Develop satellite operations tools and automation to perform a variety of on-orbit and ground procedures.
- Build efficient and reliable backend software to manage command and telemetry pathways.
- Collaborate with the team to define ground software requirements and plan system architecture.
- Masters in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience developing “must work” mission critical software systems
- Experience with SW Standards (PEP8, ISO 12207, ISO 27001, etc)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools (git, trac, Jenkins, buildbot, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing frameworks / test automation *
- Familiarity with AWS/Linux administration
- Strong intellectual curiosity and commitment to learning
- Exceptional attention to detail and "Extreme Ownership"
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.