Director of Product
Los Gatos, CA /
E-Space – General & Administration /
Ready to make connectivity from space universally accessible, secure and actionable? Then you’ve come to the right place!
At E-Space, we’re focused on bridging Earth and space with the world’s most sustainable low Earth orbit (LEO) satellite network. We’re a team of bold thinkers, ambitious leaders and dynamic doers—and we’re disrupting NewSpace by fundamentally changing the design of legacy LEO space systems to deliver entirely new satellite capabilities at a fraction of the cost.
We’re intentional, we’re unapologetically curious and we’re 100% committed—to saving space, to protecting our planet and to turning connectivity into actionable intelligence.
What is the role?
The Director of Product will oversee product development, while working very closely with leadership, our talented engineering teams and future clients. We are looking for an influential leader who is interested in building the future of E-Space!
This role will be based in Los Gatos, CA. The key functional areas of focus for this role are described in detail as follows.
What you will do
- Product Management:
- Own the product vision and embrace technology roadmap for areas of responsibility
- Lead customer product definition & support business plan preparation
- Lead the system dimensioning from a demand perspective including gathering all requirements from customers into a single location which can then be applied against the orbital system capabilities
- Work closely with new partners to collect use cases and performance requirements
- Support E-Space Remote Device and Core Network teams in the development of the API to support integration with end-to-end platform providers
- Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit
- Business Development:
- Serve in Business and Commercial development capacity as needed — developing sales pipelines and developing industry partnerships
- Lead bid responses for new opportunities including preparing quotations and replies
- Follow the industry and support the development of such RFP’s, FRQ’s and RFI’s
- Strategy (working closely with leadership and cross-functional teams to):
- Conduct market analysis, quantify business cases, develop customer use cases and requirements
- Produce business models and financial analysis (CAPEX, OPEX, ROI)
- Supporting the Bootstrap of the Ecosystem development and partner management to:
- Develop the certified application developers relationships for 3rd party development on the platform
- Support hardware sensor development for the remote devices including developing the hardware relationships for 3rd party sensor development
Why you're the right candidate
- You have at least 5+ years' experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology management
- You have product management experience building and deploying large scale products from initial concept to sustaining engineering
- You have proven success working in a fast paced/start-up environment
- You have a solid understanding of the satellite and/or terrestrial communications market and ecosystem
- You have demonstrable experience supporting product specifications, product development and customer requirements
- You have experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- You have experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Additional experience we'd like to see
- Experience working on the following domains: connected vehicles, critical infrastructure and/or shipping & logistics
We are redefining how satellites are designed, manufactured and used—so we’re looking for candidates with passion, deep knowledge and direct experience on LEO satellite component development, design and in-orbit activities. If that’s your experience – then we’ll be immediately wow-ed.
E-Space is not currently able to provide employment sponsorship for candidates who do not hold work authorization for the location of this role.
The estimated base salary range for this role is $150,000-275,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question, which is based on market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on location, skills and expertise, depth of relevant experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
Why E-Space is right for you
We want you to make the most of your journey at E-Space. That’s why we support and invest in the physical, emotional and financial well-being of our team members and their families. Some of what you can expect when working at E-Space:
· An opportunity to really make a difference
· Sustainability at our core
· Fair and honest workplace
· Innovative thinking is encouraged
· Competitive salaries
· Continuous learning and development
· Health and wellness care options
· Financial solutions for the future
· Optional legal services
· Paid holidays
· Paid time off