Beverly, MA /
Ground Technology /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
We are hiring a Firmware/Software Engineer as part of our software team to work with our satellite, antenna, and systems development groups to ensure the successful design, test, and build of our core satellite technologies.
This role is available in our Beverly, MA, office.
- Responsible for the design, development, and testing of new embedded software from initial concept, to subsystem integration, through full system deployment.
- Enjoy incorporating an array of microcontrollers, systems-on-a-chip, networking devices, and sensors into full systems.
- Work closely with Digital Circuit Designers, RF Systems Engineers, and the Product Marketing Manager to enable features and functions which meet the product requirements.
- Responsible for requirements decomposition, analysis, software architecture, RF test software support, and implementation/testing of the final products.
- Minimum of BS (MS preferred) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with an emphasis on the development of real-time embedded systems
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with software architecture and specifying, designing, implementing, debugging and testing real-time microcontroller software used in communication systems (M-Cortex ARM, PIC, multi-core embedded, FPGAs etc.)
- Experience with Linux device driver development and test for sensors and other peripherals
- Experience with C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Experience with Linux, RTOS, or other real-time embedded operating systems
- Experience in designing and developing TCP/IP networking software
- Real-time microprocessor firmware/software development, signal processing, probability and statistics, and communications theory.
- Experience with phased array antenna design and active design of RF signal processing systems.
- Electronic systems manufacturing.
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.