Guidance, Navigation & Controls Engineer
Los Gatos, CA /
Flight Software /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GNC) Engineer to join our Flight Software, GNC & Mission Controls team working onsite at our Los Gatos, CA location.
The GNC team is what enables the spacecraft to perform all pointing and control operations necessary to point the payload and achieve the mission. You will design, implement, test, and support the spacecraft simulation of the satellite constellation. You will design and define sensors and actuators along with using MATLAB/Simulink to simulate the constellation. Come join the team of control systems experts and engineers to deliver the control algorithms and the brains of the spacecraft.
- MS/PhD degree focused on GNC Engineering, or a closely related discipline, or BS degree at least 5 years of experience working on spacecraft attitude control and determination
- Develop, run, and analyze results from high fidelity simulations to validate spacecraft design and CONOPS.
- Monitor open/closed loop testing and the performance of flight attitude control and navigation systems.
- Assist in the development of mission design, simulation, and validation software for attitude control and navigation systems.
- Experience with Python, C++
- Experience with auto coding using MATLAB
- Knowledge of spacecraft attitude control and determination.
- Knowledge of methods for evaluating controller performance from telemetry.
- Experience with STK, FreeFlyer, or similar satellite mission simulation tools
- Experience interpreting satellite telemetry
- Experience testing and evaluating the performance of attitude control sensors and actuators.
- Familiarity with industry standard software development practices.
- Familiarity with Linux and Unix systems.
- Assist on-orbit anomaly resolution related to attitude control and navigation systems.
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.