5G Core Architect
Los Gatos, CA /
5G Engineering /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
The 5G Core Architect will drive the architecture, design and requirements for 5G core network. The ideal candidate has a senior level of relevant experience in 5G/4G core system engineering and architecture role.
This position will report to the Vice President of 5G Architecture and will work closely with Engineering and operations team. The successful candidate will ideally be available to work out of our Los Gatos, CA offices most of the time.
- 5G Core (3GPP R15/R16), SBA (AMF/SMF/PCF/UPF/UDM/UDR/NRF)
- Security aspects of core network
- Designing core network architecture, design specifications and call flows
- Integration of core network with BSS, OSS and RAN
- Vendor solution evaluation and recommendations
- Capacity and performance analysis of core
- Identify bottlenecks and fixes with engineering teams
- Major in Computer Science or Electronics
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in line with job responsibilities
- Experience working with Core solution providers or ISVs as a system architect/system engineer
- Experienced in Agile development, JIRA, Virtualization
- Experience in Cloud technology: K8s, CNCF, AWS EKS or GCP
- Ability to drive engineering teams for feature implementation and customizations
- Knowledge or background in SATCOM
- Experience working in a startup environment with geographically dispersed teams
We are doing exciting work with satellites, so candidates with an understanding of or direct experience on LEO satellite component development, design and in-orbit activities will be viewed very positively.
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.