Mission Ops & Test Simulator Engineer
Los Gatos, CA /
Mission Operations /
At E-SPACE, we believe space should be accessible to everyone, from the visionaries discovering our future in space today to the countless generations of innovators to come. We are on track to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. Led by industry pioneers and backed by world-class investors, we are assembling a team of best-in-class aerospace, software, and materials engineers and scientists to make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a Mission Ops & Test Simulator Engineer to join our Flight Software, GNC & Mission Ops team working onsite at our Los Gatos, CA office location.
As part of the Mission Operations team, you will hold overall responsibility for the flight phase of the system. The team is responsible for the entire satellite mission lifecycle, from the ground mission control center, through mission design, integration and test, to launch and on-orbit operations.
Once operational, the team will have responsibility for the 24/7 operations of the E-Space constellation including command and control, ground network operations and oversee flight dynamics, mission planning and operations teams for both space segment and ground systems. You will inspire and maintain a rigorous and well documented engineering environment within your teams while training and supporting this engineering rigor throughout the company.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Engineering/CS 15 years’ experience for Director Position
- Computer Engineer/CS 5-10 years’ experience for Mission Ops/Simulator Software Engineer (2 Positions)
- Experience with GMAT for Flight Dynamics Simulation
- Knowledge of Open-source simulator from NASA that provides GNC and EPS simulation
- Experience with Script-driven (Matlab or python)
- Experience with auto coding using MATLAB
- Knowledge of Flight Dynamics – STK, FreeFlyer, Exotrail
- Knowledge of Full-System Simulation - Antmicro's Renode (open source), NOS3 (open source), NetAcquire, Ansys Digital Twin
- Experience with custom-built digital twin
- Linux Experience
- Experience with Satellite Mission Operation software development and test
- Ability to write effective and reusable code according to best practices
- Must be a dynamic, autonomous, and team-oriented individual.
- Knowledge of hardware and low-level development is necessary
- Programming skills must include C++ and Python
- Work in a fast-paced startup environment
While we offer amazing compensation with great stock options, annual pay, bonuses, free lunches, and health benefits, more importantly, you should join our team for the opportunity to grow personally, and have a high impact on the lives of millions of people. We love solving the hard problems, the rigor of deep engineering, bleeding-edge technology, and helping the world.