Engineering Manager - Data
Esper is experiencing hyper growth! We’re the industry’s first DevOps SaaS platform designed to provide a simple, safe, and secure way for engineering and DevOps teams to release applications and manage smart Android devices. Our device infrastructure enables developer, mid-market orgs, and enterprise fleets of 100,000+ devices to deliver their software as a service. Esper has rapidly-growing global customer adoption among some of the world’s most innovative major brands in retail, hospitality, logistics, and healthcare.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading engineering teams at Esper to deliver maximum customer value while achieving their career goals. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll define and drive key performance metrics vision for the team. If you’re excited to have a large impact on Esper and the device industry, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow
Why this role is unique
- You take ownership of critical platform components and <build/manage> a team to achieve target goals.
- You work with an extremely talented pool of engineers to define their career path and guide them through it.
- You manage multiple projects with technical and business stakeholders to deliver maximum value.
- You build a long term, strategic vision for your team and help them achieve it by iterative, tactical wins.
- You help foster and uphold Esper Values into the team.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of software engineers, help in hiring and grow the team.
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Contribute technically to projects, review accuracy of deliverables and participate in architecture decisions.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the engineers with regular 1:1s to continuously deliver customer value.
- Partner closely with Product Management, Program Management and other Engineering teams to deliver high impact projects.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- 1+ years of hands-on people management experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and executive communication skills.
- Experience in delivering products by working with business stakeholders.
- Experience with building large scale systems.
- Experience working in a startup or startup like environment
What we think makes us special
Esper is a fast-growing, well-funded company where everyone matters and you can see your impact daily. We trust our teammates and offer intense ownership and therefore accountability. We’re inventing the future and building something special. The team really enjoys what we do and cares about your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make a difference.
As you help us build this special company, Esper will take care of you. We offer flexible vacation, regular hack-days, competitive pay and benefits, and room for advancement. We hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. Our worldwide footprint mixes different cultures for a unique experience. We also like to have fun because we play just as hard as we work.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Esper we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.