Austin, Texas /
This is a remote position where a candidate can reside in the following states. New York, California, Texas, Washington, Washington, D.C, Illinois, Georgia, Connecticut , Iowa, Virginia, Michigan, Maryland, Arizona or Missouri.
At Esper, we believe public policy should be transparent, data-driven, and accountable. We work with government and industry to analyze public policy and create better processes for the policymaking lifecycle through software.
Esper is seeking an experienced product manager to work cross-functionally across the product and engineering teams to ideate and execute on our product vision. As an Esper Product Manager, you are highly organized, have the ability to clearly prioritize, and can quickly grasp and articulate complex concepts. You are capable of taking features from concept to written product requirements to launch.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the executive team on product direction and priorities.
- Draft product requirements in a clean, easy to digest format.
- Collaborate with Design to ensure product requirements are reflected in designs.
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify technical concerns and address them in product requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of government workflows and user requirements, ensuring that they are effectively and intuitively handled in the product.
- Receive and evaluate feature requests from various stakeholders and prioritize by business need.
- Participate in product launch/rollout activities, including coordination with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects are completed in a timely and quality manner.
- Lead internal training to describe the positioning, value proposition, capabilities, and best practices for our products and solutions.
- Facilitate product demonstrations and participate in technical discussions.
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings to our products.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience, preferably at an enterprise SaaS company
- Preferred knowledge and passion of how government policymaking works Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Design, or a related technical field or equivalent technical experience.
- You possess the serenity to accept the priorities you cannot change, the courage to change the priorities you can, and wisdom to know the difference.
Perks and Benefits:
- Being a part of an innovative and collaborative team that will both support and challenge you
- Significant opportunity for growth and ownership and to shape Esper for the long-term
- Competitive salary and equity at a growing early-stage company
- Paid holidays & unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous parental & sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Short/Long term disability & life insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Work anniversary equity grants
- Monthly stipend to offset remote work expenses
- Office equipment allowance
- Paid Time Off to participate in volunteer/community events