Senior Product Designer
Who we are
Hi there 👋 . We’re Ethena, a compliance training platform—with informative, cringe-free content delivered through innovative methods—that actually works. Our training isn’t just a thing people get through, it’s something they actually enjoy (we got the stats to prove it—over 90% positive ratings). We are proud to be a part of the culture at companies like Netflix, Zendesk, and Zoom and are in an exciting phase of growth. Less than a year ago, Ethena announced our $15.5 million series A, and we’re delighted to announce that we’ve raised an additional $30 million Series B to build out Ethena’s best-in-class training solution, further invest in data and analytics, and continue launching impactful compliance products. Ethena’s Series B was led by Lachy Groom, with participation from existing investors including Felicis, Neo, Homebrew, and others. It’s a great time to join our team!
How we work
We’re a rapidly growing team of people who value diversity in all its forms. We love adding new perspectives and appreciate those who ask questions that help us challenge assumptions, explore new directions, and improve what we’ve already built. We believe it’s our responsibility to create an environment in which every person can bring their full, authentic selves to work. We push each other to be our best and do our training proud. We love feedback, practice empathy, and embrace humor. Seriously, we’re not shy about puns. If you brought us to a picnic, we’d be compli-ants. If we were shoes in London, we’d be trainers. If we were--you get it. Humor is welcome here. Read more about us on our careers page and follow our team on our Instagram!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our design team. This role will report to our VP of Design, and can be based anywhere in the US. Ethena works east coast hours but is reasonable about morning meetings for our west coast colleagues.
Our new Senior Product Designer will be responsible for our internal tools and be a key contributor to guiding user research and refining product problems at their earliest stages.
You may notice, we have an HQ in Brooklyn, NY, however, we are a fully remote team and will stay this way! We now also have “hubs” forming in New York, Denver, SF, and Toronto.
What you'll do
- Report to the VP of Design and collaborate directly with your engineering pod tech lead and product manager
- Mentor more junior contributors by demonstrating the product design process and providing guidance and feedback on their work
- Work on a variety of projects across our platform including the learning center, admin tools and internal tools
- Create new design artifacts, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, mocks, prototypes and pixel-perfect final redlines
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Rationalize design work and advocate for users’ needs
- Own the qualitative research process and work directly with users
- Be the design stakeholder in our short and long term product development process
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
What makes a great candidate
- Demonstrated ability to ship product at a high-growth startup
- Collaborative designer who up-levels the team both by sharing expertise and displaying a growth mindset
- Strong ability to collaborate in a group setting while working to design products that scale
- Mastery of user-centered design principles
- Able to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Ability to think in systems and able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passion for what we’re building here at Ethena
- An impeccable sense of humor
- For this role, the salary is: $145,000 USD
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out. We welcome you to read more about our approach to job descriptions by our VP of People, Melanie Naranjo. Curious to know what it’s like to interview with us? Read more here.
Ethena is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Ethena does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship for this role.