Ethereum Foundation – Solidity /
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. We do this by allocating resources to critical projects, being a positive voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and advocating for Ethereum to the outside world.
About the Solidity Team
Solidity is a statically-typed curly-braces programming language designed for developing smart contracts that run on Ethereum. The Solidity team is responsible for language design of Solidity, improvement and maintenance of the Solidity compiler, and Yul, an intermediate language for Ethereum. See also our website.
We are looking for a highly skilled Developer Advocate to join the Solidity team at Ethereum Foundation. You will play a critical role in bridging feedback, insights and needs between Solidity users and the core team, thus driving the adoption of Solidity by developers.
As a member of our team, you will work closely with the Solidity team to develop and execute strategies to increase awareness and adoption of Solidity among developers and organizations. You will be taking over and enhance current initiatives as well as develop new frameworks and programs moving forward.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase user education, awareness and adoption of Solidity among developers and organizations.
- Inspire contributions from our open-source community to the content you will create.
- Collaborate with internal teams, external partners, and the wider community to expand Solidity’s ecosystem.
- Create educational content and resources, such as tutorials, sample code, and documentation, to help developers get started with Solidity.
- Provide an high-level support to developers and organizations building applications using Solidity.
- Conduct user surveys and research and analyze data to determine trends and inform future strategies.
- Participate in and organize events, such as hackathons, meetups, and conferences, to promote Solidity and Ethereum.
- Organize the yearly Solidity Summit with the team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional experience in developer advocacy, program or project management.
- Proven track record of meaningful engaging with open-source communities.
- Experience in technical writing and content creation.
- Experience in public speaking and presenting at events.
- Strong knowledge of Solidity, Smart Contracts, Ethereum, and decentralized application development.
- Bonus points for: Proven track record of open-source project contributions, previous experience building a project with Solidity.
- You are an excellent communicator and team player. You know how to navigate within a lean, start-up like organization. You master online communications across various platforms (Matrix, Twitter, Discord, Discourse, Telegram, Reddit).
- You are solution- and goal-oriented. You take self-responsibility and initiative and possess a “can-do” attitude. When you get stuck, you know which steps to take and how to solve problems independently.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You’re extremely organized. You have strong habits that let you track multiple accountabilities simultaneously. You know how to scope a project, foresee difficulties and translate an idea into reality.
- You share Ethereum’s values. You’re passionate about the Open Source and/or Free Software movements, censorship resistance and decentralization.
- Full-time position
- Fully remote, with some travel for events and team gatherings (twice a year)
- Flexible work hours
Since communication will be a key task in this position, please include a brief (less than one page!) cover letter explaining your qualifications, why you care about Ethereum, and how you would like to improve the Solidity community, along with a resume or CV and your GitHub handle.