Ethereum Foundation – Sourcify /
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Sourcify is a source code verification project for Solidity contracts. Our mission is to make interacting with smart contracts safer and more transparent for web3 users.
To achieve this goal, Sourcify supports several efforts to foster the adoption of “full verification”, Solidity contract metadata files, and NatSpec comments.
At its core, Sourcify currently maintains
- an interface that helps developers to verify metadata and contract source code.
- a contract repository of all verified contracts server over HTTP and IPFS.
- an automated verifier service (monitor) that checks for new contracts on Ethereum Mainnet and testnets.
- several verification plugins for popular IDEs and frameworks.
- You share Ethereum's values. You're passionate about open source collaboration and decentralization.
- You have a problem-solver mindset. You identify and understand problem statements quickly. You can take on problems and break them down into smaller actionable parts.
- You are a self-learner. You like digging into new topics and learning new skills on the job. You actively approach your peers and ask for help for the things you can’t understand.
- You are proactive and a good communicator. When working on the project you can recognise issues, bring them up, and discuss them with the team. You keep an open and clear communication channel.
- Develop and maintain parts of Sourcify (verifier, monitor, UI), and work on new features.
- Develop tooling and integrations (plugins etc.).
- Drive Sourcify development and flag issues with the rest of the team.
- Be the first point of contact for user issues or feedback and tool integrations.
Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency with node.js, and TypeScript knowledge.
- Experience with React, HTML, CSS.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an agile and remote/asynchronous work environment.
- Readiness to learn, understand, and explain new technologies.
- Good understanding of Ethereum and EVM.
- Basic Solidity and compiler knowledge.
- Passion for crypto & Ethereum.
- Optimally full-time position
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
- Remote (Berlin-based is a plus!)
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications, along with a resume or CV. Bonus points for adding a link to open source contributions or projects done by you!