Ethereum Foundation – Sourcify /
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Sourcify is a decentralized and open-source EVM contract source code verification service. Sourcify supports verification on +120 EVM chains, and provides open-source libraries, tooling, and services to the community in source code verification. Our mission is to ensure a seamless verification experience, open and easy access to the verified smart contracts, as well as to foster “full verification”, and the Solidity contract metadata.
- You share Sourcify’s values. You're passionate about free and open-source software, decentralization, and trust-minimization.
- You are a self-learner and have a growth mindset. You like digging into unknown topics and learning by doing. You actively approach your peers and ask for help for what you can’t understand. You seek truth and the best possible solutions to problems together with the team, during which you learn from your mistakes and others.
- You are a problem-solver. You identify and understand problems. You enjoy taking on larger problems and breaking them down into smaller actionable parts.
- You have excellent communication skills. When working on the project you can recognize issues, bring them up, and discuss them with the team. You keep an open and clear communication channel. You are comfortable with both synchronous and asynchronous methods of communication.
- Develop, maintain, and document parts of Sourcify (server, monitor, UI, lib-sourcify etc.), and work on new features.
- Develop tooling and integrations (plugins etc.).
- Be a point of contact for user issues or feedback and tool integrations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency with Node.js, and TypeScript
- Basic understanding of Ethereum, the EVM, Solidity and bytecode
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a remote/asynchronous work environment
- Experience with React, HTML, and CSS
- Advanced knowledge of Ethereum, EVM, Solidity, other languages, and compilers
- Passion for web3 & Ethereum
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Grafana
- Knowledge of working with SQL databases
- Experience in writing JS/TS tests
- Optimally full-time position
- Flexible work hours
- Attending Ethereum conferences worldwide and team offsites
- Option to work fully remotely or out of our Berlin (DE) and Boulder (US) offices
To apply to this position, please include your CV or resume. Bonus points for adding a link to open-source contributions or projects done by you!