Product – Research
Etsy is looking for a Market Researcher who has a passion for crafting insights to support the growth of our international community of buyers and creative entrepreneurs. As a Market Researcher, you will plan and execute qualitative and quantitative research studies, analyze third party syndicated research sources, and communicate your findings to key stakeholders. Your work will help shape the future direction of Etsy’s business.
This position will be based in Brooklyn, New York.
About the Insights Team
The Insights team supports Etsy’s strategic direction and product, design, and marketing efforts around the world. We do this by amplifying the voice of the customer and helping to put it at the center of Etsy’s business decision-making processes. We believe that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the hundreds of thousands of inspired makers who help the Etsy marketplace flourish.
About the Role:
- Your time will be split between conducting and running original research studies, and supporting the operations of the larger Insights team.
- Work with a variety of business stakeholders (e.g. marketers, designers, business development) to assess their needs and develop appropriate market research plans
- Plan, manage and conduct end-to-end research studies. This will include writing RFPs and soliciting bids, designing/programming studies, and leading presentations
- Manage our buyer and seller research communities, currently hosted on Vision Critical
- Analyze third-party data (e.g., ComScore, Mintel, Forrester) to discover insights around the key product categories in which Etsy operates
- Manage Etsy’s insights database, ensuring the business has easy access to the repository of knowledge about our users
- Manage the day to day operations, training and support needs around key research platforms- e.g. Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics, comScore, Vision Critical, Forrester
- Establish best practices for improving our research processes (e.g. around recruitment, preferred supplier lists, lab and facility management etc.)
- You know how to conduct professional-quality market research, incorporating both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You are a self-starter, and have solid instincts about when to hold the line on methodological rigor, and when to adapt to the changing demands of a project. Most importantly, you approach your work with a sense of genuine curiosity and collaboration.
- Experience running a wide range of market research studies
- Understand both quantitative and qualitative research methods, and can design mixed-method studies where appropriate
- Have experience managing online research communities
- Feel as comfortable conducting research yourself as you are in managing third party research agencies and independent consultants
- Have a solid working knowledge of ComScoreEnjoy tackling difficult problems and digging into data to find answers
- Demonstrate excellent creative written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have a basic familiarity with survey programming software (e.g. SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics. Experience with Vision Critical a plus.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g., business, marketing, psychology, sociology)
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.