Data Scientist, Quantitative Insights
Engineering – Search & Data Sciences
Etsy is looking for a Data Scientist focusing on quantitative insights to join our Data Science team in either Brooklyn or San Francisco.
Etsy is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. We are committed to advancing E-commerce related fields by building technologies that help Etsy buyers and sellers discover and celebrate handmade goods from all over the world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, observational study, hypothesis testing and experimental designs. Our data scientists have the opportunity to drive core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas in the dynamic world of E-commerce in strengthening Etsy’s global marketplace. Data scientists can publish their innovations at top tier conferences such as KDD, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR and etc. This position would be based in either Brooklyn, New York or San Francisco, California.
What We’re Working On:
- Hypothesis Testing
- Causal Inference
- Experimental Design
- Observational Study
- Time Series Analysis
Who You Are:
- You share our values (below) and are looking for a company that has a solid mission.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Statistics, Causal Inference, Time Series Analysis, Observational Study, Hypothesis Testing and Experimental Designs or related fields.
- You have a Ph.D. degree or Master degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related fields.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. R, Python and etc.). You have experience in or desire to learn Hadoop/Vertica related Big Data technologies.
- You have demonstrated the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You can contribute to research that can be applied to Etsy products.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and solve complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
What We Care About:
- Curiosity and humility. We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hope you also value things like blameless postmortems and have a natural drive to figure out how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. We are motivated by this mission every day.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.