Finance – Finance & Accounting
Etsy, Inc. is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Senior Accountant, who will report to the Dublin-based International Finance Manager.
This position will have full ownership of US GAAP and local statutory reporting and compliance for a portfolio of non-US subsidiaries and will support Etsy’s International business.
This is a full time role located in Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
- The Senior Accountant will support the International Finance Manager in managing all day-to-day, monthly and quarterly international accounting activities
- This person will be responsible for USGAAP and statutory accounting and compliance for several subsidiaries across EMEA, Canada and APAC
- Full ownership of US GAAP reporting: managing the month end close, Balance Sheet reconciliations & internal reporting for a number of Etsy International Entities
- Full ownership of local Statutory compliance: management of audit & preparation of Financial Statements ensuring full compliance with local legislation
- Perform monthly analytics for each subsidiary and present to senior management
- Manage relationship with external payroll providers to ensure accurate & timely completion of monthly payroll
- Collaborate cross functionally with International/Global stakeholders including Tax, Treasury & legal
- Driving continuous improvement, standardization and reengineering of processes and controls and implementation of International &/or Global best practices
- Business partner and support the country managers as required
- Work closely with SEC reporting team to support external reporting
- Partner with treasury team on banking and liquidity for International entities
- The position requires a self-starter with a strong personal drive
- You must be highly organised and have the ability to adapt quickly to change
- The successful candidate will require excellent communications skills and the ability to build remote relationships
Qualifications/ Work Experience
- Professional Accounting qualification: ACCA, ACA, CPA, CIMA or similar
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a fast-growing mid-tier company. Large Multinational/Big 4 experience is a plus
- High energy level, with a demonstrable hands-on approach, and who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Exposure to Workday &/or another ERP system is an advantage
- Experience of process improvement & project management
- Fluent English essential – French/German language skills would be an advantage
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.