Senior Android Engineer
New York, NY
Engineering – Software Engineering
Etsy is looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to join the Mobile Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers on Google’s mobile OS. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our Android apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Initiate the development of RESTful APIs that are specifically optimized for mobile clients.
- Exercise your background in Java, and Kotlin.
- Confidently communicate technical issues with all necessary stakeholders (no matter the complexity).
- Lead in and/or work with others in tackling debugging.
- Lead and/or assist in executing any needed testing (units, functional, visual,etc).
- Continue to advance your skills in using modern mobile development technology in a collaborative setting.
- A minimum of three years of Android development
- App(s) published on the Play Store demonstrating a strong product focus and an eye for design
- A knack for communicating complex technical issues in clear language
- A passion for beautiful code and quality development practices
- Experience with testing - unit tests, functional tests, visual tests
- A talent for debugging
- Experience designing Kotlin basics, from projects you can share with us
- Experience with accessibility frameworks
- Experience working on large applications with many developers or teams
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.