Senior Android Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Etsy is looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to join the Mobile Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers on Google’s mobile OS. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our Android apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
- A minimum of three years of Android development
- App(s) published on the Play Store demonstrating a strong product focus and an eye for design
- A knack for communicating complex technical issues in clear language
- Proficiency in Java (we love Kotlin, but the majority of our codebase is still 'classic' Android)
- A passion for beautiful code and quality development practices
- Experience with testing - unit tests, functional tests, visual tests
- A talent for debugging Experience designing
- RESTful APIs specifically optimized for mobile clients
- Kotlin basics, from projects you can share with us
- Experience with accessibility frameworks
- Experience working on large applications with many developers or teams
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.