Senior Technical Project Manager, Cloud Migration
Engineering – Systems Engineering
Etsy is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager with a passion for Agile who will lead and inspire exciting technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas.
Etsy is actively preparing to move systems to a cloud provider, and the Senior Technical Project Manager position is a key role in making this a successful story.
This is an exciting and revolutionary time to join us as Etsy's engineering team embarks on its next generation work. We are offering an opportunity to be part of the fast-moving organization that connects millions of sellers and customers.
- 5+ years of experience with technical project management.
- 3+ years of experience with an agile framework.3+ years experience working with and understanding Cloud environments.
- You have exercising leading architecture and infrastructure migration projects (specially to the Cloud).
- You have significant agile/lean experience in a product owner or scrum master role, organizations leveraging lean/agile methodologies and in depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFE.
- You capably elicit high level requirements from both business and technical stakeholders, and can translate those into a detailed, prioritized backlog of work actionable by systems engineers and software developers.
- You actively exercise your advanced verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- You naturally exude team-building, motivating, and conflict-resolving qualities.
- You obsess over delivering quality project results on-time and on-budget.
- Successful track record and consistent project success anchored by the establishment and exceeding of measurable goals.
- You can confidently guide projects in an iterative manner that keeps long term goals and fixed date milestones achievable.
- You have the ability to operate in a lean, rapid growth environment.
- A very organized leader with strong persuasive abilities.
- Strong presence and highly influential both externally as well as internally at the senior management level.
- You are decisive - you gather the data and makes informed, critical decisions quickly.
- You actively uphold an optimistic, can-do attitude.
- Driven to succeed, achievement oriented, self-motivated.
- Creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to ignite the creativity of others.
- High integrity, principles, and ethics.
Nice to Have's
- Scrum master certification desirable; certified scrum product owner highly desirable.
- Experience leading multiple 6+ month architecture and infrastructure migration projects (especially to the Cloud).
- Deep understanding of one or more Cloud environments/providers.
- Strong background understanding and working with mixed profiles such as Systems Engineers and Software Developers.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.