Director of Acquisition Marketing
Content & Communications – Marketing
Etsy is looking for a highly analytical and experienced marketing professional to lead and manage our global marketing acquisition efforts to drive both sales and revenue growth. As Director of Acquisition Marketing, your core focus will be to define and execute the marketing acquisition strategy across paid search, paid social, display, organic search, and affiliates channels. You will be partnering closely with key partners within the Etsy organization, such as product, engineering, FP&A, and the CRM marketing teams. The ideal candidate will have deep domain knowledge around building a robust and effective marketing technology stack for Etsy’s paid marketing needs, experience being an effective internal evangelist for new growth opportunities via acquisition channels, and strong management experience to lead and inspire the acquisition marketing team.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY office and will report to the VP of Marketing.
About the Role
- Responsible for a multi-million dollar annual budget, including the management of monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, quarterly forecasting against sales and revenue goals, and weekly/monthly reporting against sales/revenue targets
- Grow and support the acquisition marketing team to ensure they have the opportunity and resources they need to deliver continuous and strong growth for Etsy
- Lead the research, negotiations, and execution of the acquisition marketing roadmap on time and on budget
- Oversee all media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, scoping out new areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing/analysis/experimentation across all channels
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and evaluation of all support agencies required to deliver on the acquisition marketing strategy, including agency briefing, contract negotiations, target/KPI setting and evaluation, reporting, and relationship management
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on campaign and acquisition success against targets
- 7+ years of digital agency or in-house marketing experience
- 3+ years experience managing a 10+ person high-performance marketing team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record in successfully managing large, complex expense and revenue budgets
- Ability to analyze/synthesize complex data and utilize it to develop strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong cross-team partnerships through building business cases and aligning on core priorities
- Deep understanding of marketing attribution modeling, as well as a core understanding of how different marketing channels complement each other
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, ability to manage, and drive scalable and repeatable processes
- Very strong execution skills and ability to drive tight project management
- Ability to research and stay ahead of industry trends and share findings with internal stakeholders
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.