Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Infrastructure (Brooklyn)
Engineering – Engineering Management
Etsy is looking for a strong Engineering Manager to join and lead our Machine Learning Infrastructure team to build the next generation Machine Learning Platform and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn.
The Machine Learning Infrastructure team is part of Etsy's Platform Engineering organization. Our mission is to build, evolve, and scale state-of-the-art machine learning system infrastructure powering Etsy’s AI platform. For many sellers, Etsy is their primary source of income, and we work hard to support them. We continue to improve our portfolio to ship new relevance based AI products every year. In this role, you will lead the vision, roadmap of ML Platform organization at Etsy, working with cross-functional agile teams that span data science, big data and infrastructure and many more product engineering partners. We’re a small team with huge impact that builds tools and platform capabilities for our data scientists to quickly build machine learning models, test hypotheses and productionize them on our ML platform hosted in Google Cloud. We value empathy, communication and technical skills equally.
What you will do:
- Attract, mentor, support and retain a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support Etsy’s Machine Learning Infrastructure
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders inside and outside Etsy to learn industry trends and drive technical and strategic vision for the team
- Work together with data science, ML and product teams to define roadmaps that align with business initiatives and priorities
- Empower team to build systems that help data scientists to build models, test their hypotheses, experiment, deploy and scale in production environments effortlessly
- Strive to improve engineering culture and Etsy’s mission and values
Who you are:
- You are an engineering leader who brings both technical acumen and people skills to build/retain a high performing engineering team
- You are a good listener and adopt a growth mindset
- You are comfortable collaborating closely with other engineers, engineering leaders, data scientists and product managers
- You are generous with your time and experience and can mentor other engineers/managers
- You are mindful and transparent in your communication with others
- You have the ability to make data driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
- You care about people and have the emotional intelligence to build camaraderie, respect and trust necessary to cooperate and do excellent work
- You have experience building/leading Machine Learning development teams and can provide clear directions and communicate effectively
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.