Full Stack Engineer, Member Operations Team
Engineering – Software Engineering
The Full-Stack Software Engineer collaborates with a team to build engaging and effective user experiences for the Etsy community. Etsy is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team.
You would be designing and implementing internal tools to support Etsy’s Member Operations team and projects would include iterating on existing platforms and building new systems incorporating a mix of in-house and third party applications.
About the Team
About the Role
We believe strongly in using both quantitative and qualitative methods to guide decisions. To that end, you’ll be able to use our in-house analytics tools to gather information and gain insights. You'll also be able to use Etsy's Continuous Deployment architecture to push code to production early and often (and you'll probably push in your first week here).
You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely reliable code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find easy to comprehend and modify. You believe in the connective power of Etsy’s peer-to-peer marketplace and helping creative entrepreneurs scale their business to achieve their dreams.
About the Location
Our engineers are concentrated in our Brooklyn HQ and San Francisco offices, but are located all over the US. We believe that open communication and effective teamwork can happen regardless of where you sit, and we’ll provide you with tools to make sure that happens. Your laptop will come with our video conferencing software pre-installed, so you can always join in on meetings and catch up face-to-face with your team regardless of where in the world you or they are.
How to be Successful In this Role:
- Can define and solve unconstrained problems, and know when to seek help when no progress is being made.
- Are comfortable collaborating closely with your teammates, product managers and designers.
- Experienced with providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- Familiar with creating public APIs and connecting to external interfaces.
- Have a “leave it better than you found it” mentality, and are willing to work with and improve on code you did not originally write.
- Grasp that knowing when not to code a solution is just as important as knowing that a solution exists.
- Love to experiment and use data to drive decision-making.
- Understand that being an effective software engineer is as much about communicating with people as it is about writing code.
- Are generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- Will be a mindful, transparent and supportive member of your team.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.