VP, Product, Global Buyer Experience
Product – Product Management
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a high-impact product leader with deep experience in digital product management (across all platforms including mobile, desktop, and native) to join and lead teams of high performing product managers. She or he should be accustomed to solving complex consumer-facing problems, developing strategies and roadmaps, and executing those plans for maximizing e-commerce conversion, engagement, and loyalty. Reporting to the General Manager of Buyers at Etsy, the VP of Product will be responsible for the global shopping experience on Etsy.com and the Etsy apps, across all our geographic markets. This role is a key member of the company’s operating leadership team, and will own the metrics, strategy and execution of our buyer-facing product roadmap, with an eye towards delivering maximum return on investment and a world-class buyer experience. This position in based in Brooklyn, NY.
- Envision and articulate the overall buyer-facing product strategyCreate and maintain long-term roadmaps for product optimization, which align to the Etsy’s larger Buyer and Seller roadmap.
- Define and clearly articulate guidelines, principles, expectations, goals and success metrics for product managers and their teams.
- Own accountability for key initiatives within product management.
- Work closely and collaboratively with leaders across our other functions (including engineering, marketing, insights/analytics, and design) to realize the full scale and potential of product.
- Recruit incredible talent and build amazing teams.
- Be a public face of our brand, communicating our long-term direction to the community regularly
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Experienced with building and growing a consumer brand at scale, and will work with the team to develop and execute plans to innovate and evolve the successful Etsy brand and product work that has been done with date.
- Well versed in both the commercial (i.e. shopping/buying) and experiential (i.e. discovery and inspiration) aspects of product experience, with ownership of metrics on customer conversion, engagement, and retention, with a track record of world-class digital user experiences.
- A passionate member of the Etsy community and someone who believes in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
- A key success factor will be the ability to build strong relationships with people and teams across the whole organization.
- They will lead and develop a growing team of product managers, and will work closely with matrixed teams around the company.
- The ideal candidate will have an intuitive sense for building products and businesses for a 21st Century brand that is an umbrella for over a million micro-entrepreneurs (our sellers) and their sub-brands, and understand what makes our brand special.
- If you’re a passionate buyer and/or seller on etsy.com, even better!
Your Past Experience Includes:
- You’ve scaled an amazing consumer business, which has been loved globally by manyYou’ve optimized product roadmaps according to rigorous metrics.
- You’ve obsessed about A/B and multivariate testing, but also understand their limitationsYou’ve built expertise in all aspects of product management.
- You’ve recruited and managed high-performing teams at scaleYou’ve aligned business needs and strategy with product strategy seamlessly.
- You’ve built product plans, and accurately forecasted opportunity and growth for business lines driven by those plans.
- You’ve worked closely as a partner to high-performing engineering, analytics, design, and marketing teams.
- You’ve worked in a two-sided marketplace or e-commerce business.
- You’ve interacted with, supported and grown passionate online communities.
- You’ve worked in a fast paced environment where a great idea in the morning can be realized by afternoon.
- 10+ years of experience leading business and product initiativesInspiring, engaging communication style; optimistic and forward; good sense of humorInspires excellence and leads by example.
- Natural collaborator who knows how to drive crisp decision-makingAccountable for both wins and losses in the name of growth.
- Passionate about team development and growth.
- Leads for the good of the company and the customer, not for the good of themselves.
- Data-driven but able to make gut calls in the absence of data.
- Know when to say “no” to merely good projects in the pursuit of greatness.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.