Director of Talent Acquisition
People & Workplace – Human Resources
Etsy is growing tremendously, and we are seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition. This role is a strategic thought leader to develop a holistic vision for the acquisition of talent and to be a trusted advisor across the different teams and functions in Etsy. This is a key HR leadership position reporting into our VP, People and Workplace and is located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Job
As a key member of the People and Workplace team this person needs to closely partner with other People and Workplace stakeholders as well as leaders globally. You will be tasked with delivering core talent acquisition services and with taking a true partnership approach to your work, consistently bridging your client groups needs with that of the broader company. You will provide objective advice regarding complex issues, create a streamlined approach to talent acquisition, and coach your team and other leaders on best practices in Talent Acquisition.
You will be successful in the role if you.....
This is anything but your standard talent acquisition role. You’ll be the leader–and guardian–of one of the company’s most prized assets: its people. Talent attraction and acquisition are key gatekeepers to the success of ensure our culture thrives and the business succeeds. Ideally you’ll have a minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience in building out a global talent acquisition team and at least 5 years successfully managing a team. You also will have had significant exposure to senior leadership and have managed other high performing team members. Must be proficient in the use of business software (Excel, KeyNote, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with HR & Recruiting Systems and reporting tools.
About the Role
- Build a goals and accountability oriented culture: Oversee and manage the global recruiting team. You will be responsible for overseeing all growth, development, performance, and dynamics of your team.
- Build strong relationships within the organization both directly and through your team, as well as within HR to meet business needs.
- Analytics and Metrics: Pull together all available data from tools such as Lever (ATS) and Workday to educate and share insights to the business leaders. Establish goals and KPIs to drive success.
- Continue to drive Diversity and Inclusion: Build and refine structures and processes that help mitigate bias in hiring.
- Employer Branding: Build a cohesive Talent Acquisition vision encompassing the branding/attraction of diverse, values-aligned talent at all levels (campus to executive).
- Partner with Finance and HR Systems to implement strategies and tools for headcount planning
- Help establish proactive pipelining of talent for succession planning which should include an internal mobility strategy as well as looking for external key hires.
- Strive for operational excellence: evolve internal processes, ensuring consistent candidate experience, job descriptions, interview techniques, and evaluate/develop the tools/vendors for the team.
- Have the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Are data-driven and operationally focused
- Proven track record of creating and building a dynamic team
- Are a creative self starter who is scrappy and resourceful
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Are a team player with positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Are detail-oriented with excellent organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Are an analytical problem solver with experience and proven accomplishments in fast-paced environments
- Are adept and comfortable managing through frequent changeHave the ability to take ownership and accountability for work and manage a team to deliver results
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.