Senior Product Manager, Digital Help & Support
Product – Product Management
Etsy is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Digital Help & Support to join the Member Operations team.
What is the team & role mandate?
Member Operations is responsible for building customer loyalty by providing quality, efficient, and scalable support when and where customers need it. As the PM for Digital Help & Support within Member Operations, you will create best-in-class self-service experiences including but not limited to help centers, public forums, and in-product guides and nudges that enable customers to quickly self-resolve issues or escalate to 1:1 support when appropriate. You own and optimize a toolkit of help and support assets that your product management peers will leverage and embed in other product experiences they build. Your success metrics will be the adoption and efficacy of your self-service solutions, as well as the associated customer satisfaction and effort with them.
Think strategically, work cross-functionally
This is a strategic product role requiring holistic product and customer understanding. You must work across the entire organization - product peers, engineering, design, analytics, marketing - to identify opportunities and deeply integrate self-service help & support offerings within the core Etsy product experience to complement business line initiatives. Your position also enables and requires you to be a tireless advocate for buyers and sellers. Leading with data, you prioritize customer issues, educate our internal teams about them, build self-service solutions to mitigate them, and influence and advise other product owners on how to improve the overall buyer and seller experiences.
Be a thought & team leader
You are responsible for a meaningful component of Etsy’s product strategy and long-term customer health. You should be recognized as an innovator with proven success in architecting help and support solutions. You are also not going to do this alone - you will be a leading a small but growing team, starting with our help center design and content team.
This position is a product management role that reports into the Member Operations department and is based in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Job
- Own the product strategy, and ongoing development of the customer-facing Help and Support product experience.
- Work closely with the teams responsible for answering customer support requests and identify opportunities to move high touch contacts to self-service channels.
- Work across the entire organization to identify proactive customer support opportunities, gain support from other product teams and embed (and guide buyers and sellers to) low-effort support channels across all Etsy platforms.
- Articulate and take accountability for a strategic vision for help and support customer facing product direction, including clear goals and success metrics over the near and long term.
- Assist in the release of new support channels that contain a self-service componentLead the creation, management and reporting of content used in all self-service channels, including our Help Center, in-product tool tips, and support related emailsWork with software engineering teams to create a product features roadmap, determine effort, prioritize features and manage agile software development processBuild use cases and user stories around the product and communicate them effectively.
- Integrate user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs, as well as wants.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative data on user behavior and experimentation (a/b testing).
- Hold quarterly reviews of metrics with business line leaders to report on product performance, new product impact on self-service customer support performance and upcoming new self-service features
- 6+ years of product management / product ownership experience. Including experience developing product strategy, defining business objectives and setting execution priorities in roadmaps.
- Experience in process development, socialization and governanceIncredible written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and partners.
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for scalable interface design.
- Experience working on native applications a plus.
- Exceptional ability to influence through informal authority and navigate a complex and ever-evolving product landscape.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.