Senior Engineering Manager, Search Infrastructure
Brooklyn OR San Francisco
Engineering – Search & Data Sciences
Etsy is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join our Search Sciences organization.
Our marketplace has an abundance of one-of-a-kind items from independent artists, designers and vintage collectors from around the world.
About the Job
As a Senior Engineering Manager for Search Infrastructure at Etsy, you will lead a team of talented individuals and will be responsible for building the best-in-class search platform powering the Etsy marketplace of 45M listings. You will work with our partner teams in Machine Learning Infrastructure, Search Ranking, and Recommendations to deliver and support an industry leading search, recommendation, and personalization experience. You can read about some of our recent work on Code As Craft.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA or Brooklyn, NY.
- You possess solid experience managing engineering projects and processes.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about what you do, and use that to help motivate diverse groups.
- You have a keen eye for focus and impact.
- You understand how a great manager can lead a team to achieve more than the sum of its members.
- Your have demonstrated experience leading technical teams, setting goals, and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships and working with people across multiple disciplines to create, build, and launch successful products.
- You have a significant past experience contributing hands on to building and architecting large scale distributed systems.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- At least three years of technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience managing an engineering team on a large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, system design, and architecture.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related field, or relevant experience.
- Experience with Search Infrastructure is a major plus.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.