Growth Marketing Manager
Product – Product Marketing
As a Growth Marketer, you’ll work at the intersection of product development and marketing and will be focused on new product go-to-market strategy, product activation, and maximizing the lifetime value of our sellers at all stages of the funnel.
You’ll be an expert on our sellers, working closely with our product, engineering, design, content, analytics, research, and community teams to improve the experience for them through holistic and targeted marketing designed to drive conversion, engagement, and retention. Your performance will be measured by the impact of the programs you launch across these metrics.
About the Team
The Seller Marketing team is responsible for the communication and marketing strategy for Etsy’s global, dual-sided marketplace that touches over 30.6 million active buyers and over 1.8 million active sellers. We use data and user-research to drive decision making, work to continually improve our products, and love spending time with our users. We prioritize work that is impactful, measurable, and achievable.
As a mission-based company, values-alignment is core to Etsy’s identity and culture. Ingraining our mission and values into all aspects of our product experience is something we do day in, day out, and something that you’ll help us do in the context of Etsy.com and our other marketplaces.
About the Role
- Partner with product managers to define the product roadmap, prioritize key product features and build long term product strategy for users across the globe, taking into account user needs across Etsy’s core global markets.
- Articulate the user journey, uncover user insights, and identify key user needs to focus product roadmap on the largest business opportunities.
- Uncover nuanced user insights, develop hypotheses, and build deep empathy for user needs while serving as the key collaboration point between the business and research team.
- Define the target audience, create clear product positioning and write compelling messaging that communicates the value proposition.
- Build the product launch strategy for a range of products, ensuring alignment with business priorities.
- Own when and how new products are introduced to the community.
- Develop and align on-site and off-site marketing plans in collaboration with channel owners and the broader marketing team.
- Set clear, measurable product marketing goals and track progress against them.
- Lead analysis of product marketing programs and make recommendations that continually improve the efficacy of go-to-market plans.
- Develop ongoing support plans that focus on user lifecycle, overcoming key usage barriers and meeting business growth goals.
- 4+ years of marketing, brand, product marketing, and/or consulting experience.
- You combine analytical marketing skills with hypothesis-driven thinking to solve complex problems (SQL proficiency a plus).
- You have the ability to build business models based on user insights and data.
- You have experience leading, partnering, and influencing cross-functional teams.
- You are comfortable working on desktop, mobile web and mobile apps.
- You are a creative thinker with a passion for solving the toughest problems in a way that are mutually beneficial for the Etsy user and Etsy as a company.
- You have a clear track record of wowing users and driving dramatic growth through marketing strategies and campaigns.
- You thrive in an independent, high energy environment where tasks, priorities and projects change rapidly.
- You’re passionate about Etsy’s mission and are brimming with ideas on how we could do it better.
- You love collaborating across teams and functions and have a knack for explaining complex challenges in an organized, clear manner.
- You’re as comfortable leading strategic conversations as you are rolling up your sleeves and launching products.
- You’re great at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning and messaging hierarchy and work with partner team to infuse into a holistic marketing and content strategy plan.
- You love market research. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you’re strong at integrating this information into your growth strategies.
- You’re hard working, ambitious and constantly looking to grow.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.