Customer Support Advisor, International Support with German (Dublin)
Customer Support & Services – Member Operations
Help Etsy provide exceptional customer service support to members of Etsy.com.
We are looking for passionate, creative, hard-working people to help Etsy provide exceptional customer service support to members of Etsy.com.
This is a full-time position located in Dublin.
The International Support team in Dublin is a fun, dynamic team that comes from a variety of backgrounds, but we’re all driven by the same goal - making members feel great about being part of the Etsy community. If you can see yourself interacting with this amazing community of shoppers and sellers on a daily basis, then this may be the role for you!
With training, you’ll soon become an expert on “how to” questions about site features, and on helping our sellers quickly resolve problems and get the resources they need to run their businesses.
It is the job of our Customer Support Advisors, internally referred to as Member Advisors to do everything in their power to help our members get the answers they need - quickly and compassionately.
About the Role
- Member Advisors provide a valuable feedback loop between our community and the folks in Engineering and Product.
- As a team who works directly with our community, you’ll be collecting and sharing member suggestions, as well as pain points, directly with the rest of the company.
- The Member Operations team works on the front lines in ensuring that our members have the best possible experience on Etsy.
- We correspond directly with members by email, offering tips, resolving problems, and pointing them toward the right resources.
- Etsy is evolving all the time, and our community turns to us as site experts who can offer guidance in a direct yet friendly way.
- We troubleshoot problems, walk members through new features, and help sellers to maximise their small businesses’ potential on our platform.
- Has prior customer service and/or ecommerce experience
- Speaks English and German fluently
- Has excellent writing skills; injecting your personality into your writing comes easy.
- Is a natural problem-solver - sometimes solving more than one problem at a time.
- Has a high comfort level with information technology and internet-related issues. While we don’t expect you to be an expert you should be comfortable with technology, adapting to new systems.
- Would have the ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience effectively.
- Able to convey the essential information in different audience settings possesses a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-help attitude, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment within team structures.
- Has a willingness to keep a flexible schedule, which may include one weekend shift a week.
- Has experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment, dealing with customers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Is strong team player with a positive and productive manner.
- Has upbeat “can do” attitude; composure under pressure.
- Being a member of the Etsy Community -- we LOVE to hire Etsy buyers and sellers.
- Having a strong appreciation for artisanal products and a DIY ethic. You live the handmade ethos and appreciate how stories, connections, and e-commerce can be blended together to create meaningful shopping experiences on the Web.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.