Senior iOS Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering
Etsy is looking for a passionate Senior iOS Engineer to join the 'Buy on Etsy' Mobile Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers on Apple platforms. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment, as there's never a dull moment in Product Engineering. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our iPhone and iPad apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
This is a full-time role located in Brooklyn, NY.
About the Role
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues in clear language.
- Detect and take lead on debugging mobile related issues.
- Frequently practice your extensive knowledge in Apple's accessibility frameworks.
- Actively demonstrate a strong product focus and an eye for design.
- A minimum of three years of iOS development
- App(s) published on the App Store
- Proficiency in Objective C (we’re porting to Swift, but the majority of our codebase is still 'classic' iOS)
- Experience with testing - unit tests, functional tests, visual tests
- A talent for debugging and a practical knowledge of Instruments
- Experience designing RESTful APIs specifically optimized for mobile clients
- Swift basics, from projects you can share with us
- Experience with Apple's accessibility frameworks
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.