Senior Marketing Writer/Editor
Content & Communications – Marketing
Etsy is looking for an awesome writer/editor.
You enjoy crafting a sentence, and you love helping writers do the same—taking their work from good to great. You know how to explain complex concepts in a clear, conversational, engaging, and fun way. You like ideas and strategy, in addition to words. You understand that great writing can transform a reader’s experience and how they feel about a brand.
About the Team
Etsy’s Seller Content team, part of the Seller Marketing and Engagement department, creates engaging and informative email, in-product, and blog content that helps 1.8 million sellers around the world start and run successful creative businesses. Our team is passionate about helping sellers succeed and that passion drives everything we do.
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced copywriter and editor who’s excited to work with our team of writers on creating content for sellers that’s not only informative, helpful, and persuasive, but captures the imagination and fun of Etsy’s brand—and the human side of e-commerce. We need someone who can think conceptually and strategically about content, and help bring ideas to life through words. The right person will have a good understanding of marketing, technology, and entrepreneurship, and a strong desire to work for a company that does things differently.
About the Role:
- Serve as a lead editor, helping our team of writers craft direct-to-seller communications for a variety of channels, including email, the product experience, and seller blog.
- Use data, research, and other insights to deeply understand how to leverage all of our channels to create a content experience that’s cohesive and effective.
- Collaborate with writers and partner teams on content plans and concepts for seller marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with our design team to elevate written content with great visuals.
- Write and edit some longer-form content as needed.
- You have 7+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency.
- You can translate complex tech and business concepts into clear, conversational, and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice.
- You have experience working in a variety of marketing channels, including email.
- You’ve served as a lead writer/editor on a team, helping more junior writers craft their work.
- You’re familiar with Google Analytics and content management systems.
- You have excellent judgment and can make insightful decisions about content based on data and research.
- You’re able to collaborate easily with cross-functional teams.
- You’re organized and focused, but also flexible and open to change.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.