Senior Seller Growth Specialist
Business Operations – Business Development
Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a proven track record in building community and acquiring new participants in a marketplace.
You understand the mindset of potential creative sellers, know where to find them and come up with creative ways to communicate the benefits Etsy has to offer. You’re highly motivated, analytical, extremely organised, strategic and creative with excellent experience of tapping the power of networks and partnerships to grow Etsy’s seller community. But most importantly you are a true team player and take fun seriously. The ideal candidate will feel inspired by Etsy's values and feel comfortable speaking about our mission with conviction.
This is a full-time role located in Delhi. This role might involve some business related travel.
About the Role
- The Sr. Specialist, Seller Growth reports into the India Managing Director and will lead seller acquisition through offline & online channels and partnerships.
- Developing and executing seller acquisition campaigns - offline and online - for the Indian market.
- Build a community of high quality sellers (as opposed to resellers) who sell unique products and work with them to ensure high quality buyer experience.
- Piloting innovative local seller acquisition strategies.
- Identify and liaise with local partners in India to run seller acquisition campaigns.
- Implementing analytical and data driven approach to target relevant sellers for acquisition.
- Analysing campaign success, implementing learnings, and reporting on seller acquisition programmes.
- Building strong connections and relationships within the Etsy India and wider handmade and craft community.
- You have a passion for, and a supreme love of, handmade craft, Etsy, DIY, vintage, entrepreneurship, online communities and new media/technology.
- You think big and creatively whilst maintaining great attention to detail and scalability of initiatives.
- You can roll up your sleeves and make a long lasting impact on the development of the Indian seller community.
- You have 5+ years experience working in seller / partner acquisition for online marketplaces or similar fields.
- You are familiar with all offline and digital marketing channels, especially in acquisition techniques.
- You have experience establishing and overseeing partnerships.
- You have affinity with numbers and the ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- You have great organisational and project management skills.
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a passion for building relationships within online communities.
- You are familiar with the Etsy brand and platform.
- You are flexible and have the ability to move in a fast moving dynamic environment.
- Have worked for a global eCommerce company and are comfortable collaborating with colleagues across the world.
- Have personal experience running a creative businessHave experience in running offline community events.
- Are well-connected with creative community, especially with craft and handmade domain.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.