Senior Data Analyst, Seller Insights
Product – Analytics
Etsy’s Seller Insights team is a cross-disciplinary team of analysts and researchers who help guide Etsy’s approach to building tools that enable our sellers to manage and grow their businesses. We work closely with our partner teams through all stages of development: identifying initial opportunities, refining the user experience, analyzing the impact of our efforts, and highlighting improvement areas.
We use rigorous analytics to generate insights that inform product, marketing and business decisions across the company, and across the idea lifecycle -- from ideation to iteration to launch. Ultimately, the team’s work strengthens Etsy and helps continuously improve the Etsy experience for our buyers.
Learning new skills and techniques is not only a requirement but a perk of the job; we are always looking for opportunities to improve. Our mission is to tell the story of what is transpiring in the world of Etsy — to teams, to senior management, and to the community.
This role is located in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Role
- Partner with senior leaders in product, engineering, finance, and marketing teams; use behavioral and transactional data to shed light on user experience, identify opportunities for improvement, and drive teams' decision making.
- Transform raw data into meaningful and impactful analysis characterized by strong data governance, technique transparency and thorough documentation and communication.
- Identify key metrics to understand the performance of products, develop dashboards and/or reports to track performance, and perform statistical analyses of experiments.
- Raise the skill level of entire analyst team through the creation of exemplary work, mentorship and the introduction of better practices, processes and tools.
- Help advocate for Etsy’s data-driven decision-making process internally and externally.
- You have 4+ years experience as a data scientist or data analyst in which you extracted meaning from big data sets with little engineering support.
- You are proficient in the following technical skills: SQL, Python/R, and the Hadoop ecosystem. Bonus points for additional scripting languages (Scala, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- You can communicate your insights verbally, visually and in writing. You are able to distill complex findings into actionable recommendations.
- You have experience working with web data and you are familiar with the e-commerce and/or marketplace space.
- You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
- You care about reproducible work and have picked up tools to this end; you can teach others how to make their own work better and more efficient.
- You are comfortable working independently but are a tactful and influential collaborator.
- You are an expert in sophisticated analyses and have training and experience with advanced statistical methods.
- You are passionate about subjects such as experimental design, data visualization, and statistical analysis techniques.
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.