Senior Manager, Compensation
People & Workplace – Human Resources
The Senior Manager of Compensation will be a key contributor to the People team and will design and manage Etsy’s compensation programs.
Etsy is seeking a Senior Manager of Compensation to help design, develop and administer our global compensation programs; align compensation strategy with business strategy; and recruit and retain the best talent. You are a data-driven person who is obsessively organized and can also think creatively about what engages and drives people. A successful candidate will be flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment.
This full-time position is based in Brooklyn, NY and reports to the VP, People and Workplace.
About the Job
You will be a key member of the People & Workplace team, working to create and foster an environment where people can do their best work. You will be interacting regularly with members of our team as well as business leaders and working to keep our compensation plans strategic, competitive, and equitable.
Lead the global compensation review process, from administration to communication to training, in partnership with HR Business Partners, HR Generalists, Benefits Specialists, HRIS, Learning and Engagement, and leadership.
Evaluate effectiveness of existing compensation plans, balancing compensation trends and corporate objectives.
Provide analysis of external and internal compensation data and recommend changes.
Manage executive compensation plans and disclosure of executive compensation in the annual proxy statement.
Perform analysis and make recommendations that go to the company’s Board of Directors.
Evaluate and research industry trends and regulatory factors affecting compensation.
Manage external compensation survey process and participation.
Manage equity plan administration in partnership with the accounting team and external vendor.
Collaborate with Finance, Payroll, and Legal to ensure our stock plans and equity grant process are administered and reported on timely and accurately.
Assist HR Business Partners and Recruiters with various employee documentation and compensation-related issues.
Manage an analyst
- You have demonstrated knowledge in compensation plan design and administration.
- You are a solutions-oriented and innovative person who can bring ideas to manage Etsy’s compensation programs more efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Human Resources, Accounting, or other Business related field
- 7-9 years of experience working in compensation, with at least 2 years at a public company.
- Executive compensation experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of equity compensation programs
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking
- Data analytics expert - experience with modeling tools such as MS excel/google sheets, experience with regression analysis.
- Working knowledge of legal, tax, and accounting requirements around compensation plans
- Experience with writing reports and extracting data from an HRIS (Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.) a plus
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.