Designer, Brand Buyer Design
Design – Brand Design
As a brand designer for our buyers, you’ll collaborate with the Customer Retention team and fellow designers and writers to develop and deliver compelling and effective email communications while maintaining graphic standards and consistency.
Etsy is seeking a Brand Designer to design outstanding, mobile-forward marketing, lifecycle, and transactional emails for both domestic and international markets. You are a leader on your team, you set the bar for design high, and you engage, encourage, and elevate your fellow designers' work with thoughtful critique. You develop a deep understanding for our customers and their experiences, and how Etsy fits into their life.
About the Buyer Design Team
You’ll serve Etsy by creating powerful communication tools for our buyer audience. It is our mission to build the world’s best buying experience. The Buyer Design team designs with the belief that the work we do is part of a larger creative culture represented by the millions of people who make Etsy a successful global marketplace. We value quality craftsmanship, an iterative design process and contributing to something larger than ourselves.
About the Job
You’ll move quickly and efficiently, work on multiple projects at once, often under tight deadlines, and are comfortable collaborating with and delegating to other designers. This role will work closely with marketing, product, and engineering partners to develop compelling, human-centered email design solutions and iterate based on critical feedback and data insights.
You’re passionate about design and thrive on being part of a team! Brand design principles and graphic systems are a language you understand well, your eye for type and color is exceptional, and you care about details. You’re proactive, resourceful, and able to manage change effectively. You have a practical, human-centered approach to design that can connect the branded experience across a customer journey.
About the Role
- Helps to maintain the quality, consistency, and voice of the Etsy brand through our email platform.
- Collaborate closely with internal partners at Etsy, including strategic marketing partners, product design, engineering, and other members of the design team.
- Develop scalable visual brand systems for mobile-forward email communications.
- Develop and maintain branded design assets for marketing, lifecycle, and transactional emails.
- Participate in weekly critiques and project pin-ups.
- Balance multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and work quickly and decisively.
- Understand how email and branded moments relate to a holistic customer journey.
- An undergraduate degree in Graphic Design.
- 4+ years experience in related graphic design and branding fields, preferably within an agency, studio, or tech environment.
- Passion and experience implementing modern design on mobile devices, and how a brand expresses itself in these moments.
- Understanding of brand design principles and graphic systems.
- Writing as part of the design process.
- Well-versed in the creation of a wide range of graphic aesthetic styles.
- Knowledge and experience with email design across email clients.
- Deep understanding of typography, typographic systems, and information automation.
- Knowledge and experience with current design trends and technologies within web design, app design, and digital product fields.
- Fluent with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced design environment.
- Experience designing for international markets (including scaling design to fit language translations)
- Working knowledge of modern development technologies like HTML and SASS/CSS.
- Motion graphics experience.
- Being an active Etsy seller (send us the URL to your shop!)
- Experience with and/or interest in managing and mentoring junior designers.
- Having an active role in your creative community (online and/or offline).
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.