Software Engineer, Search Infrastructure
Engineering – Search & Data Sciences
Etsy is looking for an experienced Search Infrastructure Engineer to join our Search and AI platform team and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
The Search Sciences group at Etsy is responsible for building a next-generation machine learning platform to power Search and Discovery. We use machine learning in almost every part of the product – search, ranking, ads, product recommendations, fraud detection, etc. As a principal of this group, you’ll have a unique opportunity to have high impact by advancing these systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply machine learning to Etsy’s products.
This is a full-time role located in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
- Develop high precision classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression and rule-based based models
- Work on projects involving RNNs, CNNs, classical AI techniques, PoS tagging, Unsupervised learning, and Deep reinforcement learning
- End to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - data pipelines, training and inference engines
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related projects
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field or BS with 2+ years of applied machine learning experience
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience with Spark/Scalding/Hadoop and Python
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of color, ancestry, religion, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status.