Senior Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Search & Data Sciences
Etsy is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our Search and AI platform team and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
This is a full-time role located in San Francisco, CA.
About the Team
The Search Sciences group at Etsy is responsible for building a next-generation machine learning platform to power Search and Discovery. We use machine learning in almost every part of the product – search, ranking, ads, product recommendations, fraud detection, etc. As a principal of this group, you’ll have a unique opportunity to have high impact by advancing these systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply machine learning to Etsy’s products.
About the Role
- Develop high precision classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, regression and rule-based based models
- Work on projects involving RNNs, CNNs, classical AI techniques, PoS tagging, Unsupervised learning, and Deep reinforcement learning
- End to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - data pipelines, training and inference engines
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related projects
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field or BS with 2+ years of applied machine learning experience
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience with Spark/Scalding/Hadoop and Python
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.