Global SEO Lead
Content & Communications – Marketing
It's an exciting time at Etsy. We have a rapidly growing Global Marketing team where your contributions will make a big impact and positive difference in real people's lives. Since 2005, our community has grown quickly and we are on a mission to continue this growth trend. We are constantly exploring new ways to acquire, activate and retain engaged buyers and sellers within and beyond our existing market. Leveraging data and insights, we create targeted, integrated marketing campaigns across various offline and online channels to grow our community and connect over members to over sellers.
This role sits in Brooklyn NY.
About the Role
- Set and execute an on- and off- page SEO strategy to ensure Etsy meets SEO best practice in both areas
- Monitor and track all areas of SEO performance (rank checking, technical tools, analytics)
- Ensure SEO is a core part of every new project undertaken by Etsy
- Drive acquisition KPIs, including CTR, conversions, new buyers and sellers, and ROI
- Be at the forefront of SEO developments and continually advise Etsy in necessary changes and adapt strategy to suit
- Be a teacher and ambassador of SEO across Etsy
- Help our 1m sellers succeed
- Create an ethical link building strategy for Etsy globally, using our 1m sellers globally as the cornerstone of this strategy
- You have 4+ years of SEO experience in ecommerce and/or enterprise roles and have demonstrated success in implementing innovative and successful SEO changes.
- You should have strong knowledge of technical, usability and content-related aspects of a website and how this impacts natural search visibility, specifically: HTML, CSS, JS and how it impacts SEO; On-page SEO elements; Mobile SEO - mobile web and app SEO
- Deep understanding of how the web and Google work (you have a strong sense of what happens when someone presses enter in their browser from a technical perspective)
- Organic/natural search algorithm principles and latest market developments
- Experience working with a variety of different technical and business intelligence SEO tools
- Ideally, you have experience in a fast-growth, engineering-driven company, where you’ve worked collaboratively and effectively with a variety of different teams (including project managers, developers, designers, digital marketers) to create technical solutions/specifications and conduct quality assurance on all changes
- Have global SEO experience, not just single-country experience
- You are self-motivated and work best under directional support and not hand-holding
- Be a strong critical thinker and resourceful problem solver, coupled with taking a data-driven approach
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are highly collaborative, fostering strong relationships across all parts of the business and must enjoy learning and sharing knowledge
- You are passionate about the Etsy marketplace and deeply care about the member experience
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you’re all about. If you have an online presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook), send it along. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.